What to Bring to Girls Summer Camp
Important Items to Bring to Camp
The following list indicates a 2-week supply.
- 5-6 pair of shorts
- 2 pair jeans or long pants
- 8-10 t-shirts / tanks
- Long-sleeve shirt
- 2 sweatshirts
- 10+ pair underwear
- 10+ pair socks
- Raincoat or poncho
- Hoodie jacket
- 2 pair athletic shoes
- 2 Swim suits (1 piece)
- Sandals / flip-flops
- Riding boots or shoes with heels (if involved with horseback riding)
- 2 sets twin sheets
- Sleeping bag and 1 blanket
- Pillow and 2 pillow cases
- 2 wash clothes
- 2 bath towels and face towels
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Bug repellent
- 2 large beach towels
- Comb / brush
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toiletry or tote bag
- Writing materials
Suggested Items for Camp
- Stationary / envelopes / stamps
- Hat / sunglasses
- Stuffed animals
- Games and activities
- Fun and crazy clothing / accessories
- Tennis racket
- Day pack/Carry bag
- Music appropriate for Mass, reflections, dance and more!
- Video game players
- Hazardous sports equipment (archery items, etc.)
- Video players, CD players, or audio amplifiers
- Cell phones
- Vehicles (campers cannot have vehicles at camp)
Important Reminders About Food and Safety
A Word About Candy & Food at WeHaKee Camp for Girls
We are sorry, but for the safety of all of our campers, staff and guests, WEHAKEE CAMP FOR GIRLS CAN NOT ALLOW FOOD OR BEVERAGES THAT ARE BROUGHT TO CAMP BY CAMPERS OR SENT TO CAMPERS AT CAMP. With the ever increasing prevalence of food borne allergies and sensitivities (many can be life-threatening); we can no longer allow campers to have food or beverage items that may risk the health of other campers.
Please know that all campers have access to a beverage and snack each afternoon at the Trading Post. There is no extra charge as this is provided as part of the camper’s tuition.
If campers bring or are sent food or beverage items, these items must be stored away from the cabin. If the camper is riding the bus home, these items will not be returned as they may present a risk to any campers with food borne allergies.
We encourage non-food items such as books, board or card games or other group novelty items that can be shared with all, be sent to our campers.
For The Safety of Everyone at WeHaKee Camp for Girls
Please understand that the USE, POSSESSION or KNOWLEDGE of the items listed below on camp grounds or during camp sponsored events, activities, or trips will be grounds for immediate removal from camp (at camper’s family’s expense).
- Alcohol and Tobacco products
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Guns (real or fake)
- Illegal Drugs, Narcotics, or Hallucinogenic items
- Knives (including hunting & pocket knives)