Fridays with Franky: Activity Card 101
Hello everyone! Franky the Camp Dog here!
Are you ready for another great summer at WeHaKee Camp for Girls? I sure am!
One thing all our campers have to do before they arrive at camp is fill out their Activity Card and choose the activities that they will participate in at camp.
But with around 35 activities to choose from, our campers could feel like they have a difficult task ahead of them. I’m here to help, so listen up! These are my top 5 for picking your activities at WeHaKee!
- Read the whole activity card. Check out everything WeHaKee has to offer and wait to make any decisions until after you have seen everything.
- Consider a balance of what you already love and new things. Camp is a great time to push the boundaries of your comfort zone, so try a couple things you have never done before!
- Sit down and do the work together! The camper should take the time to talk to someone about they hope for this summer. Saying your ideas out loud will help you come to a clearer picture of what you want!
- Don’t feel boxed in. If you get to camp and give an activity a try and then see something you didn’t consider before, we will make sure you get the chance to switch. We just ask that you give everything you signed up for a good try before switching!
- Don’t worry about missing out. There are plenty of times outside regular program time that you can try WeHaKee’s activities. For instance, Activity Night gives you the chance to spend one evening trying something completely new! And Cabin Nights will have your whole cabin out doing something together!
The WeHaKee Leadership team is always available if you have questions while you are filling out your Activity Card. You can fill out all your forms for this summer online HERE.
There are still spots for our 2017 summer sessions, so tell your friends!
See you at camp!