How We Handle Information We Learn About You From Your Visit To Our Website
What Personal Data We Collect
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
All other online forms on our website are used to collect the following information:
- Active data collection:
- Physical contact information (Name, mailing address of camper and parent/guardian, and telephone / cell phone number)
- Personal information (Some examples are: name, age, birthdate, likes and dislikes, employment experience, education, volunteer experience, summer camp experience, certifications, references)
- Other information (Some examples are: why a camper wants to come to camp, what the camper is looking forward to at camp, what does the camper like about school, what a parent hopes for their camper while at camp, any significant challenges in the last year for the camper, what is the camper anxious or concerned about while being at camp, and what does the camper’s family enjoy doing together)
- Health information (Name, age, birthdate, allergies, diet nutrition, restrictions, medical insurance info, immunization history, medication, general health history, mental, emotional & social health, and health care providers)
- Online contact information (E-mail address)
- Purchase or online donation information (Name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone / cell phone number, fax, and credit card info)
- Passive data collection:
- Computer information
- HTTP cookies
- Last URI requested by the user
- State management mechanisms
A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it possible for you to use an online “shopping cart” to keep track of items you wish to purchase. The cookie transmits this information back to the Web site’s computer which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Most consumers do not know that “cookies” are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a “cookie” on your computer.
- Site administration
- Completing the user’s current activity
The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our site. If you visit our site to browse, or to read or download information like registration forms, etc., we may collect and store: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com or princeton.edu); the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
What Do We Do With Your Data
The data that we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Completion and support of the current activity
- Website and system administration
- Research and development
Who We Share Your Data With
Neither WeHaKee Camp for Girls, our webmaster The BLÜ Group – Advertising & Marketing, or our professional partners UltraCamp and Blackbaud (powered by eTapestry) re-use or distribute any information that is gathered during your online experience on the WeHaKee Camp for Girls website. Information you provide on non-medical WeHaKee Camp for Girls forms is for our use only. We do not share the information you provide with anyone outside of the WeHaKee Camp for Girls organization without your prior consent.
Information that you provide on a WeHaKee Camp for Girls Health History or WeHaKee Camp for Girls Health Exam form will only be shared with the appropriate medical personnel and only as needed.
We collect personal information for verification & technical support purposes only. We do not share, sell, rent, or disclose our information or mailing lists. They are maintained for WeHaKee Camp for Girls’ use only.
How Long We Retain Your Data
All online form submissions made on the WeHaKee Camp for Girls website are kept for 12 months and then they are removed from our online database. We keep a printed copy of all girls summer camp forms submitted for our girls summer camp campers.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, have left comments, or filled out a form(s), you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our Contact Information
WeHaKee Camp for Girls, Administrative Office, 715 28th Street South, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
Toll Free (USA): 1-800-582-2267
International Phone: 001-608-787-8304
Fax (USA): 608-787-8257
Fax (International): 001-608-787-8257
WeHaKee Camp for Girls, N8104 Barker Lake Road, Winter, Wisconsin 54896
Toll Free (USA): 1-800-582-2267
Phone (USA): 715-266-3263
Phone (International): 001-715-266-3263
Fax (USA): 715-266-2267
Fax (International): 001-715-266-2267
Unless noted elsewhere, this website and all of the content it contains is copyright © WeHaKee Camp for Girls 2020.